The Blackbook Directory and Yearbook announces the release and celebration of the Blackbook Directory and Yearbook Volume II on July 15 at the beautiful El Tropicano Hotel in downtown San Antonio, TX.
The inaugural publication of the first volume proved to be a smashing success. The first volume garnered a finalist nod with the National Indie Excellence Book Awards in the African American Non-Fiction category; and the University of Texas at San Antonio accepted the Blackbook Directory and Yearbook in its Special Collections Library. Great anticipation and positive buzz have been circulating around the second edition.
The all-star lineup in this year’s publication includes industry profiles of:
• Bishop Samuel Igelhart from Childress Memorial COGIC Church, who will be celebrating his 50th anniversary in the ministry;
• U.S. Air Force Four Star General Edward A. Rice Jr., who is the only African American four star general in the U.S. Air Force;
• Texas Supreme Court Chief Justice Wallace B. Jefferson;
• Mary Dennis, the first African American female mayor of Live Oak, Texas; and
• Best Transit CEO of the Year Keith Parker.
Also included in this year’s edition is the Top 10 events of the year and an exclusive historical photo shoot of black clergy in San Antonio. To round off the special guests, former San Antonio Express-News Columnist and Author Cary Clack is penning the foreword in this one of a kind book highlighting the African American community in San Antonio.
The Event: Blackbook Release and Celebration Vol. II
Where: El Tropicano Hotel
Time: Sunday, July 15th 2012
What: Vendor tables, Silent Auction, Portrait Presentation and Number 1 event presentation